Note: You do not need to get your National Cup games approved as this is a WFA run tournament.
WFA Approved Events Policy
Approved Event – Means an event, Tournament, League and/or match conducted by an Event Organiser that will comply with the ethos of The WFA.
(Measures taken by an Event Organiser or Organisation as to be an agreement or norms of conduct)
Minimum Standard recognised by The Walking Football Association for Approved Events.
- The complete and current WFA Laws of the Game in their entirety are be used throughout.
- Only size 5 ball to be used
- 3G, 4G, Astro Turf and Natural Grass surfaces are to be used. This does not preclude using other surfaces as long as a suitable Risk Assessment has been carried out by the Event Organiser.
- Only accredited WFA Referees are to be used.
- Known location of First Aiders/Medical Assistance.
- Know the Emergency Procedure for the Venue.
- Relevant Insurance as required by Event Organiser.
- Risk Assessments and Method Statements as required by Event Organiser
- For Leagues, all clubs must be WFA Affiliated
Process for event and/or match to be approved
- Complete the webform on this page
- We will get back to you within 7 days, earlier if we have questions
- We sign off the event
- If you want us to, we will promote the event
Our intention is to make this process simple and straightforward. We’d like to see more and more WFA approved events up and down the UK every week. Helping you make the most of your WFA insurance and our support.