The World’s oldest, largest and most prestigious walking football tournament, now in its 5th year*.
Exciting new developments for 2018. New Over 65 Age Category Entries now open to teams in Wales. Closing Date for entries: 31st March 2018. Draw on April 2nd. Great early support promises a record number of entries.
- We have condensed the timings so that the tournament will start in April and be completed by September. This avoids potential clashes with the Peoples Cup.
- A home team will be drawn randomly
- The home team must offer 3 dates to their opponents.
- There will now be 8 regional finalists who will be invited to the grand final.
- The 8 regions will be: South West, South East, North West, North East, Central, London, East and South. The WFA will allocate clubs to the most appropriate region at their discretion.
- There will be a random draw at the Grand Finals with play offs to decide the 8 places.
- Teams from Wales are now welcome to enter.
- New regular E- newsletter to all tournament clubs featuring results and selected match reports.
- We are expecting some TV exposure, either live or in highlights form
- Each team will be given 5 free tickets for the 1ST England walking football International match scheduled for May 2018.
- The 8 finalists will be invited to a Gala Champions Walking Football Dinner to be held at a prestigious venue in November 2018
Last entry date 31st March
Round 1 Draw 2nd April
Latest playing dates:
Round 1 31st May
Round 2 15th July
Regional finals 31st August
Grand Finals – OVER 60s 23rd September
Grand Finals – OVER 50s 30th September
Grand Finals – OVER 65s 30th September
WFA NATIONAL CUP 2018
Registration is now open and should be done online at
Please register as soon as possible.
Pay entry fees on registration
We are expecting this year’s tournament to be the biggest and best ever.
The new format will allow several regions, including the North West and the East to have a team in the Grand Finals for the 1st time.
* The Nationals started in 2014. In January 2017, the WFU gave the tournament to the WFA and it was rebranded accordingly.
If you entered via the WFU website be assured that we now have your entry, as Steve Rich has now finally passed these entries onto us after numerous requests.
Chris Keirl has been appointed as the tournament organiser. For more information please contact email@example.com